Tuesday, June 15, 2004

mirage

is it all over,
or is it not?
then why do i still pine
for that fleeting moment?

the battle's been lost
the war's been fought
broken heart and battered spirit
are the momentos of it all

the mirage appears before me
carrying desires that i crave
attempting to fill the hunger pangs
emanating from my innermost desires.

wallow no more in misery,
presevere onwards no more
put a sword to everything
let it be swift and decisive.

how much can i take?
how much can i bear?
i've become a pillar of salt
by glancing longingly at the past

a deft touch breaks me
the wind carries me away
lost forever in the sands of time
this is not what i want to be.

oh how hard it is to break
that dear image in my heart
will water flow from the spring again?
the answer is not for me to know.

let the wind sweep me away
far away from it all
that i may be free to glide
carefree like the birds in the air

when will happiness beckon
and knock at the door?
let she come in a hurrah
greetings with open arms

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home